CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Meant to Be

Meant to Be - Lauren Morrill Love is not perfect, but it is Meant to Be.Reading this book was like going on an emotional roller coaster ride. I was excited, frustrated, scared, surprised, and by the end of it I was emotionally exhausted. This story captivated my heart and really struck a chord with me.I found a lot of myself in Julia and because of that I felt really connected to her. The journey she goes on is one that every teenager goes through at one point or another and I enjoyed seeing her grow and truly discover herself.Not only were the characters relatable and memorable, but I found myself continually surprised at the different twists and turn s this story took.Julia has become one of my favorite characters of all time. She is smart, responsible, kind, and has a romantic streak that I can really relate too. She does a lot of growing up in this book and I really admire her for having such courage in the face of all of the confusing new situations she gets into.Jason is a typical teenage boy in many ways. He is irresponsible, carefree, and somewhat obnoxious, but he also has a sweet side to him. He has a lot of depth to his character and I had a lot of fun getting to see some of it. For much of the book he annoyed me almost as much as he did Julia, but as I got to know him he really surprised me.All in all this book is a must read for all ages. It is a thought provoking and sweet contemporary read that will stick with you long after it is finished.