CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Beautiful Creatures - Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia Forbidden love in the south.Normally I don’t read books that have the boys POV, especially a romance book. This one though grabbed my attention and I am so glad it did. Beautiful Creatures far exceeded my expectations and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the next books. The plot was unique and imaginative giving life to a whole new world divided up into casters and non – casters. I really liked the unique paranormal twist to this book and loved getting to know more about casters. Another big aspect to the story was the mystery that included some interesting historical elements. I loved how they handled this and that it gave me just enough info to keep me coming back for more without completely giving everything away in the beginning. I also loved how they included all of the amazing quotes! They didn’t just stick them in either they actually flowed with the rest of the book and added to the whole mystery.Ethan was really the main character in the book since we get to see everything through his eyes. He was a pretty average teenage boy, but he had a kind heart. I really liked how unlike the rest of the school he actually gave Lena a chance and didn’t just believe what others were saying. He was also very brave in my opinion. Of course anyone who can stand up to Lena’s uncle is brave to me. I love his character, but he can be formidable when he is protecting his loved ones.Lena was an interesting young woman who has accepted her fate, but with the help of Ethan soon begins her journey to change it. I like that she isn’t whiny and doesn’t mind getting dirty to find the truth. She is a courageous girl with the brains to match.This is an exciting series that I couldn’t get enough of!