CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Forbidden - Syrie James, Ryan M. James I picked this book up at Barnes and Noble intending to give it a try and even though I was a little hesitant at first I was so glad I did. I adored how they put the fun spin on angels in this book. It was unique and mysterious (just like angels). The authors put together the Grigori world very well and gave us just enough information to keep me excited without letting me know too much about what was going to happen.Claire was a well written and likeable character. I liked that she didn’t always have angelic powers and gracefulness because she was a sweet young girl who was used to working for what she wanted and not just having everything handed to her. Even after experiencing some her crazy new talents she did her best to use them for good.The secondary characters in this book were some of the best I have ever read about. Claire is lucky to have two of the coolest friends ever, Brian and Erica. They both were quirky, funny, and handled a crisis well. Which was good since there was a lot of them this year. I also liked that they were not clueless the entire time. Claire couldn’t hide from her best friends. It was easy to see that all three of them had a strong bond. Brian was great at putting some humor into any situation and Erica new just what to say to make Claire feel better. I would love to have friends like these in my life.Alec wasn’t a brooding hero which was refreshing. He actually had a sense of humor and was really interesting to learn about. He and Claire had real connection that was really sweet. I also liked that even though he was super human in many aspects he also had very human moments. He embarrassed himself, made mistakes, and was afraid of many of the things teenagers are. It made him more relatable and I liked seeing that side of him.After finishing this book I couldn’t help, but be excited for a possible sequel. There are still so many questions I have and I hope that one will definitely be made in the near future. This is highly recommended to everyone who likes a good paranormal romance!