CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2) - Tracy Deebs Provocative and highly addicting you won’t want to miss “Tempest Unleashed”.The beautiful imagery and voice of the story reminded me of the Mermaids ability to be hypnotically engrossing because it was soft and yet intriguing at the same time. I highly enjoyed reading about Tempest’s journey through her new life as a mermaid and learning about and dealing with her duty to her people. The book also dealt with politics and more issues with Tempest’s mother’s clan. Mermaids are not written about in YA so I was really excited to see more about their world in “Tempest Unleashed”. There was plenty of intrigue and action and sometimes even more so than in the first book.I got to see her grow into a brave and noble person in “Tempest Rising” and was excited to see how she handled the new life that awaited her. I was not disappointed because “Tempest Unleashed” was even better than the first book.Even though she is a mythical creature with different experiences than normal people her struggles throughout the book were like many that kids her age face in real life. The adventure and romance in the story made it exciting and addicting, but the struggles and inner turmoil she faced in her personal life made her a very relatable character for readers.Kona was a very mysterious character in the first book and now I was able to learn more about him and his life. He was the one to show Tempest about her heritage and a whole another part of her life and her love for him only grew as she started her life as mermaid. Kona was a very intriguing character and he had even more depth to his character in “Tempest Unleashed”. Mark brings with him a lot of drama when they finally meet up again. He is still in love with Tempest and I was biting my nails in anticipation knowing Tempest would soon have to make a choice. I couldn’t help but root for Mark though he has and will always be my favorite character. If you liked “Tempest Rising” then you will love “Tempest Unleashed” it is even better than the first with beautiful imagery and captivating characters that will transport you to another world.