CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Cinder - Marissa Meyer Cinder was an amazing retelling of Cinderella, but it was also way more than just a retelling.Cinder is a strong character that I really admired. I actually wish I was as strong as her. She loves her stepsister Peony who is her only human friend and her robot friend IKO. She didn’t have an easy life what with most of her family hating her and being a pariah because of the fact that she is a cyborg, but she was still hopeful about her future and was a true friend to those she was close too. Kai was a very charming prince and what I loved most about his character was that he wasn’t one dimensional like his character is sometimes portrayed in other retellings. He has a sense of humor and even though he has problems he doesn’t let them completely take over his life. Kai was also very noble and kindhearted which really showed through when he was protecting the lives of his people. I really liked seeing the relationship between him and Cinder develop throughout the story.IKO was most definitely one of my favorite characters in this book she is so silly and happy go lucky. It’s hard to feel sad whenever she is around. She was also a great friend to Cinder. The sci-fi elements in this story were really interesting and I liked to see how they played a role in this futuristic world of Cinder’s. Even with all of the technological advancements of this world they still had celebrated old traditions like the festival which I felt made the story seem even more real and showed how even as time goes on human society still holds onto and remembers it’s routes. My favorite quote from “Cinder” has to be “Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.”I highly recommend this book to readers of all ages it is simply amazing and I cannot wait until the next book comes out!