CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

The Jinx - D.F. Lamont Ever feel like you are cursed with bad luck? Stephen has and it has been getting steadily worse since he started 8th grade. I couldn’t get enough of the book and read the whole thing within a few hours (time well spent). Very imaginative with a lot of excitement and action “The Jinx” will have you anxiously anticipating each turn of the page. The Chaons were very interesting creatures themselves, especially how they came about. Stephen was a great character and I could definitely relate to some of his experiences with his family. He was definitely the heart of the book and his thoughts and reactions to what was going on resembled what mine would have been.I loved the character Deadalus the moment he was introduced. He was an awesome character and surprisingly funny. I felt bad about what happened to him in his past, but it definitely made him a better man. I hope to see more books from D.F. (Dougald) Lamont!Do you feel lucky? Whether you do or not D.F. (Dougald) Lamont’s “The Jinx” is a great read that you can get lost in and forget everything, if only for a little while.