CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Dark Legend - Christine Feehan I have always loved Christine Feehan’s Dark series, but this is the first one I have read that has had an older Carpathian woman as the heroine. Unlike the others she is not human so there is not the same type of problems facing her and Gabriel as there usually is for these couples. There is however, some problems that prevent Gabriel from being able to claim her as his lifemate.Francesca is such a great character she proves that although she was born a Carpathian she still does not take any crap from the males of her species, especially her lifemate Gabriel. She is exceedingly kind and gentle, yet very strong. I think she may be one of my favorite Carpathians so far.Gabriel is an ancient and as is usual with male Carpathians, especially ancients they tend to be stubborn and protective. Aside from these traits though he has some very endearing characteristics that help him woo his lifemate Francesca. These same characteristics made me love him as a hero as well. Gabriel is surprisingly gentle and sweet when it comes to Francesca. He also has a lot of patience and you can really tell how much he truly loves and cares for Francesca.Another part about this book that I really like is the relationship between Gabriel and his twin brother. All of these characters come together creating a wonderful reading experience full or romance, hope, laughter, action, and suspense.