CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

The Devil's Own Desperado - Lynda J. Cox The past can come back to haunt you.Colt Evans was wounded in a fight and while running away stumbles upon a remote homestead owned by Amelia. Amelia is wary of this man, but something about him keeps drawing her in. As Colt gets to know more about Amelia the more he wants to stay, but can a gunfighter ever truly put up his guns?This is a beautiful story about acceptance and changing for the better. It was very well written with a decent pace. There was plenty of action while still allowing readers to get to know more about each character and how they came to be where they are.Colt is a rugged and somewhat gruff man who isn't used to kindness. I liked getting to know more about him and his true nature. Beneath his rough exterior he truly is a good hearted man who only longs for a true family and a peaceful life, but his choices haven't been the best ones and they are preventing him from having that.Amelia is a strong woman, but she also has a generous heart. She fears Colt at first, but soon learns that there is more to him than meets the eye. Despite her misgivings, Amelia slowly but surely falls in love with Colt and hopes it will be enough. She was a wonderful character and one I could definitely see becoming friends with.This is a story of becoming better than who you used to be, not letting bad decisions rule your life, and giving love a chance.