CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

When the Siren Calls - Tom  Barry An intriguing read that delved into the darker side of society.This was not the type of story that I usually read, but it was one that caught my attention and got me thinking. The setting was the perfect set up for a typical woman who is just tired of the same old issues day after day. I actually felt that Isobel had the stereotypical mid life crisis. Although she did take things a bit too far in my opinion I can certainly empathize with her feelings of being stuck in a rut. I believe many of us do at some point even when we are younger. It was interesting to see how she handled all of this and some of the dangers of living life on the edge.The book was fast paced and was full of intrigue and a bit of a mystery. It was hard to tell who was friend or foe many times in this book and I felt this perfectly portrayed how people can feel when they get in over their heads.The characters were relatable and believable which helped to make them be more lifelike in my mind. I really enjoyed seeing how everything turned out even when I was afraid for them at times.All in all this was a provocative read that really put you through a rollercoaster ride of emotions.Find out what happens when you give in to temptation.