CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Fairest - Gail Carson Levine Fairest was full of fairytale romance and adventure, but also had a lot of deeper issues that is seen in society today such as the superficial need to be beautiful in order to be successful. This fairytale princess is full of depth and not some air head waiting to be rescued. She takes action and makes her own dreams come true.The prince also had a lot more depth and characterization than the original stand in. He doesn’t immediately fall in love with the heroine, but does fall in love with her voice. Their relationship takes a steady pace throughout the story developing from friendship into something deeper. I really enjoyed these two characters and believed they really deserved their happy ending together. I think modern fairytale lovers will enjoy this beautiful new story in “Fairest” by Gail Carson Levine.