CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

The Magic Mirror and the Seventh Dwarf - Tia Nevitt Accepting yourself is a powerful thing.This is truly beautiful story that I absolutely loved. This is the first time I have tried a book by this author, but it certainly won’t be the last. The story has characters that are different and because of this are treated horribly by their peers. Through hardships and unexpected friendships they find that what they needed more than anything was to be able to accept themselves.There was quite a bit of adventure in this book as well. The characters had to work for their happy ending. Seeing them outsmart the wicked queen was one of the funniest parts of the whole book! The romance between the characters was very real and so sweet. I could definitely see them all having very long and happy relationships.Gretchen is a brave young woman that I would love to be friends with. She is treated pretty badly throughout the book, but even so she always holds her head high and doesn’t stoop to their level. This is a very hard thing to do and I respected her a lot for being able to do it. She isn’t perfect, however and mistrusts the people she refers to as “normals”. I enjoyed getting to know her and seeing her grow and finally accept herself and realize that not everyone is as cruel as her peers were.Another character we get to know is Richard who also has a lot to learn. He was cursed after falling for a woman with a beautiful face and ice cold heart. He comes to find that true beauty is what’s in someone’s heart not in the fairness of their face. Richard is really interesting and I liked this new take on the magic mirror from “Sleeping Beauty” it was unique.The only downside is that I wish that it was a bit longer. I look forward to seeing more characters from this series in later books!A unique new take on and old classic that fairytale fans are sure to love!