CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Shelter Mountain  - Robyn Carr Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr is a poignant tale that will leave a tear in your eye and a warm glow in your heart. Shelter Mountain was a touching story about a woman trying to get away with her son from an abusive husband and finding love in the most unexpected place at the most unexpected time. Paige was a very strong character even though she did not believe so. I really felt for both her and her son Christopher (who is one of the cutest kids ever). Paige went through so much hurt in her life and she was still able to believe that there might be a chance of happiness for her and Christopher. John aka Preacher is a former marine and never had time for much romance in his life. That was until Paige Lassiter came into his bar. I loved Preacher the most because he was such a kind and loving man. You wouldn’t know it by looking at this giant of a man, but he is extremely patient and skilled with his hands (very sexy). He takes Paige and her son in and does everything he can to help them and eventually he falls in love with his new charges. The only real problem I had with this story is that it didn’t focus on the starring couple as much as I would have liked. It was constantly switching to different characters points of view and I really wished the author would have focused a bit more on the main characters. If you are looking for a heartwarming contemporary romance I highly recommend “Shelter Mountain” by Robyn Carr.