CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Scorched - Mari Mancusi Dragons!Ok so not only do we get some awesome dragons, but they are in the contemporary world how cool is that? Not many books featuring dragons set them in a futuristic or contemporary time, but this one did and it was made so much better because we get to see a dragon with a personality. Instead of just this fire breathing monster we get something with feelings, dreams, emotions. and I fell absolutely in love with her!Trinity has had a hard life. She once believed in fairy tales and happily ever after, but a life of foster homes and broken promises has cleared those dreams right up. How was she to know that she would very soon be the new caretaker of one of the greatest fantasies of all, a real live dragon. I really liked how she handled herself and that even when things got tough she could always find humor in an otherwise messy situation. I also liked that she didn't just go along with whatever everyone else told her to do. She made up her own mind and did what it took to survive. One of my favorite quotes by her was:"Please, this Princess can save herself." The Dragon who comes to be called Emmy was my absolute favorite part. She had a sense of humor and was extremely loyal. She is the kind of Dragon I would love to meet.We also have two twins Connor and Caleb who really steal your heart away! They both are fighting on different sides, but they are both equally noble and brave. I admired them for their determination and that they were willing to fight for what they believed was right even if others didn't exactly see it their way. Caleb was definitely the charmer out of the two, but he did have his stubborn moments. Even though there was no real pairing in this book I am personally hoping there will be something more between him and Trinity in the next book!Fall in love with dragons in Scorched by Mari Mancusi!