CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

When Smiles Fade - Paige Dearth A poignant story that will have you thinking about it long after the last page has been turned.This author has a way of writing that really gets you into the book and makes you feel as if you are right there with the characters. The story is a touching and powerful tale about abuse and its effects. How one girl deals with her life and her journey to a better one. The imagery was fantastic and gave life and richness to the story. Adding to the effect and bringing out the emotions of the story. At times I was brought to tears and overtime I grew very much attached to Emma. She was a very memorable character.Emma has held a harsh life. One that sadly many children face in this world and seeing her battle on in the face of such desolation made me respect and admire her. She was hardened by a life of misery, but was still able to keep going and that takes real strength.This story is not a pretty one, but it leaves a lasting impression. It has a lot of depth and is packed with emotion. You will not be able to put it down.