CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Hot Gimmick - Miki Aihara Out of the frying pan and into the fire!This is just what Hatsumi’s day has been like. She goes from trying to buy a pregnancy test for her sister without anyone seeing her to becoming the slave of the person she hates most in the world. The story itself is pretty fast paced with a lot of surprises thrown in. It was definitely a book with a lot of emotions both for the characters and the readers themselves. There were many times where I wanted to stop reading because I was so angry at certain people in the book, but I always came back for more. All in all it was a fun and intense read that will put you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions, but it also gets you thinking and can really pull at your heartstrings.Hatsumi is a sweet girl and I really empathized with her a lot. She has a big heart, but sometimes it can get her into a little trouble. All in all I really liked her character and will continue to root for her as the series progresses. She is one of those characters that really steal your heart and I can’t wait to find out how the rest of her story goes.The other main character is Ryoki who is not one of my favorites. He is a very interesting character in his own right though. He can be a bit overbearing at times, but he also has a sweet side to him that shows through at just the right moments. It is plain to see for me anyway that he really does care for Hatsumi in his own way. I’m not quite sure where things will go in this series, but I hope I get to see a little more about him and his back story in later volumes.Overall this is a fun read that Shojo fans should definitely pick up!