CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Crimson Debt - Evangeline Anderson A thrilling start to a brand new series!The plot is nicely paced and I love how the author gives just enough info to keep me wanting more without actually giving everything away at the beginning. There is never a dull moment in this book and I was constantly surprised at the new twists and turns. I really liked the way she wrote these vampires. They are not the watered down versions that can sometimes be found in the younger genres, but neither are they the mindless killing machines of horror stories. Similarly to humans there are those that are bad. Many of them are cold, calculating, and only interested in doing what they want and when they want it. However, they are capable of feeling love and even if a little overbearing our vampire Alec Corbin is a good man who only wishes to love Addison if she will only let him. Addison is a kickass woman who isn’t interested in vampires or so she thinks. I love her spirit and how no matter how tough things get she doesn’t back down. She is also very caring and protective. Her best friend Taylor was turned into a vampire against her will and afterward even her own parents abandoned her, but not Addison. The heat level of this story was red hot, but not in your face. Like most of her stories the author made the romance between these two filled with tension that built with tantalizing scenes that finally reaches its climax near the end of the book. So there was no insta love the characters had a time to get to know one another and build trust instead of juts leaping in head first which I really liked. Addison’s best friend Taylor was an amazing woman as well. I really felt for her and knew she must be a strong woman to be able to withstand the horrors she’d been through. I really can’t wait for her story and hope she gets her happy ending as well! My favorite quote from the book was by Alec and was definitely swoon worthy!“I am standing on one side of the chasm, holding out my hand to you, yet you refuse to reach for me” - AlecThis is a seductive story that will leave you begging for more!