CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Charming the Highlander - Janet Chapman The first book in Janet Chapman's Highlander series is full of both humorous and tender moments. It starts off on a somber note with the heroine dealing with the death of her beloved sister, but soon picks up its pace with the addition of our hero Greylen and an unexpected plane crash. The interaction between the characters was definitely comical at times and sweet at others. My favorite thing about this book was that in addition to the sweet/humorous romance the author touched a bit on the hardships of losing a loved one and how sometimes that love can transcend even death. It is a bit different from usual time travel novels in that the characters have already had time to adjust to their leap through time. The only one who has any kind of problem at this point is the heroine who for the most part is in disbelief at the possibility of them being from a different time. The only problem I had with this book was that the romance was a bit fast and there wasn't as much getting to know you as I felt there could have been. It really was a wonderfully enchanting read.