CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

Delighting in Your Company - Blair McDowell Love knows no bounds in “Delighting In Your Company”.Amalie Ansett has just come out of a disaster of a marriage and is just looking for some time alone in the Caribbean, but that all changes when she meets the handsome and mysterious Jonathan. Things get even weirder when she learns that he is a ghost from the past and in need of help to solve a centuries old murder. Amalie fears that if she helps him she will lose him forever, but she cannot bring herself to be that selfish to the one she loves so she goes with him to the past. It is there that she must face dangerous enemies, outwit a murderer, and discover a love that knows no bounds.The romance was sweet and I was anxious to see how things would work out between the characters, but the action and adventure kept me riveted. There is so much more than just a great romance in this book. Amalie’s journey to the past was fraught with peril, but it also taught her a lot about herself and who she was. Seeing the growth in Amalie from the start of the book to the end was really interesting. I also couldn’t help waiting to see what kind of trouble she got into next. Solving the murder was a lot of fun I was actually worried for the characters a few times and then would jump for joy when they made it out alive of the many dangerous situations they got themselves in. Amalie was so easy to relate to and I had a great time getting to know her as a character. She is brave which is a good thing because she needed all of the courage she could muster to go into a past knowing a treacherous murderer could strike at any moment. Jonathan was sweet and I can see why Amalie fell for him even with her horrible past experiences. He was kind, but also loyal and brave. Falling in love with this character was the easiest thing to do and I loved seeing how the relationship between him and Amalie grew throughout their perilous journey. This was a captivation adventure with a great romance that I highly recommend!