CurseoftheBibliophile

Curse of the Bibliophile

An Unexpected Gift - Katherine Grey The heart wants what the heart wants.The Setting of this of this story is in historic England which this author beautifully described. I really liked her writing and how realistic it was. The era it was set in also brought about numerous problems for our heroine being a 24 year old unmarried woman. It helped to keep the suspense too since I was always wondering what may befall her, especially since her brother left and she was left to fend for herself with an unknown man. I really liked Olivia and respected how much courage it must have taken to be on your own back then. She was definitely no wilting violet, which is what I liked most about her. She could hold her own against William and that made for some interesting scenes in the book. William is a bit overbearing sometimes, but I admire is determination. He is not necessarily a bad man in this story even though he is forced to do some underhanded things to find his loved ones. I can’t fault him for that since I would do whatever I could to save my loved ones. He has a kind heart and is honorable. His relationship with Olivia starts out a bit rocky under the circumstances, but I enjoyed seeing there interactions with one another and that it was not just insta love between them. I also liked that there was plenty of action to keep me in suspense about how things would turn out. This was an exciting romance that I thoroughly enjoyed and would highly recommend!